Financial Expert: Take Control Of Your Financial Future In 2020
Take Control Of Your Financial Future
Have you broken your New Year’s resolution yet? If you have, you are not alone. Research shows that 35% of those who make New Year’s resolutions will break them by the end of January and over 90 percent of us will lose our resolve well before the end of 2020. One of the top 5 resolutions that millions of us make every year is to save money and create better spending habits – which most of us also fail to follow through on.
Now is a great time to not only get out of debt, but really take control of your finances and start saving to achieve your financial goals for this year. Plus, getting a jumpstart now means that this time next year you’ll have set yourself up for success
Ashley Feinstein Gerstley, the Fiscal Femme, has come up with plan to help you save and keep you on track financially in 2020:
- Find Your Motivation: What gets you excited to save?
- Map It Out: How can you decrease expenses and increase income?
- Make Your Money Make Money: Where should you save this money so that you’re not tempted to touch it?
- Saving Can Be A Short Game, Too: Create vaults for your money to go – whether it’s for an emergency, upcoming trip or a down payment on a house – these vaults will help you save for what is important to you -the expected, and the unexpected.
- Make It a Game: Like a food journal – keep a tally of your savings and track your progress.
- Get a Money Buddy: Just like having a gym buddy helps us get to the gym more often and have more fun while working out, enrolling a money buddy has the same effect.
Take a look at more of her tips below.
About the Guest:
Ashley Feinstein Gerstley is author of The 30-Day Money Cleanse which has helped thousands of people cultivate harmonious relationships with money and achieve their financial goals. As a trusted money expert, she has been featured by CNBC, Forbes, NBC, Glamour and the New York Times, among many others.